Friday, June 20, 2008

Jaedyn vs the Giant


Don't worry, the giant was sleeping. Jaedyn and I went hiking at Sleeping Giant state park in Hamden ,CT today. I wanted to scout out a couple of climbing routes from the top of the chin so we decided to take the blue trail up the back side of the cliff. It posed to be quite a challenging hike, but Jaedyn wasn't going to let that giant get the best of her. She was determined to get to the top, she even showed up a couple other hikers who were struggling to scramble up the rocks. Once we reached the giants chin we took some pictures, climbed on rocks and even spotted a rabbit. Jaedyn actually spotted the rabbit first, she getting to be quite the little animal watcher. As we hike she's always telling me to walk quietly so I don't scare away the animals. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to the Giant latter in the season to climb "Wiessner's Rib," another route on my to-do list...

No comments: