Monday, July 7, 2008

Her first time...


Well, Jaedyn and I finale got my wife, Autumn, to go kayaking with us. I was expecting the worst and hoping for the best. It turned out to be the later of the two. She did really well despite some unforeseen challenges. For example, I thought she would use my sister's kayak witch is smaller and thinner which makes it easier to paddle, but the seat wasn't comfortable, the boat wobbled more and the cockpit opening was smaller, all of which made our boat more appealing. The only problem was, jaedyn has to ride in our boat because it has the storage compartment which she rides in. Normally not a problem but for someone who has never been in a kayak and is still trying to get the technique down, Jaedyn doesn't exactly make things easy.

So, we were on our way up the saugatuck river. I got a couple good shots of my two girls paddling. Too bad they were going in different directions. So after ducking under two bridges and letting the tide take us up river for a little break we arrived at the first small dam. I can't tell you how proud I am that Autumn made the trip and not only did it but, actually looked like she enjoyed herself.

As always I'm proud of my little girl Jaedyn who not only enjoys riding with mommy and daddy but has taken a real liking to kayaking. She even paddled by herself, of course I was close by to make sure she didn't get in over her head.

No comments: