Friday, May 30, 2008

Kayaking on the Sagatuck

I couldn't be happier that Jaedyn enjoys kayaking as much as she does. Just the fact that I've introduced her to something that we can share and explore together warms my heart. Today she was more interested than ever, asking questions about the water level, tides and of course the animals we came upon.

Lets see... we came across some mallard ducks, beautiful swans, and what I believe was a woodchuck or ground hog swimming. I'd never actually seen a groundhog myself so I was pretty enthused to follow him/her around the river for a while. We made a couple stops along the way for a snack break and to get a couple pictures with her tiger.

Now, to get a little background on the tiger...

While Jaedyn, Autumn and myself were at her new school, that she'll be attending next fall, they gave all the parents a 8 X 11 logo of her school. Their / our project for the Summer was to take a picture of our child with the logo or a stuffed tiger, the mascot, and in the fall they would put together a collage of the pictures submitted. Autumn and Jaedyn went to Bush Gardens while they were in Florida and picked up a stuffed tiger that I am determined to give the coolest adventures of the summer with Jaedyn.

1 comment:

lagarita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.