Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kayak Maiden Voyage

Well, my Christmas kayak had it's first taste of sea water today. I dropped the boat in at the Connecticut state boat ramp underneith I-95 and paddled up river past the Boston Post road bridge. Next, continuing up to the first small water fall where I had to carry the kayak over the shore and back into the river. Further up stream there was a second water fall which seemed to be holding a resevior behind it. A nice little spot for a snack break. I only wish that I had brought the camera. It doesn't seem like a spot that gets a lot of people back there, besides the nieghbors. There were a lot of geese, ducks and even a couple swans.

Everyone felt bad about giving me the Kayak for Christmas and not being able to use it during the cold winter months. Feel bad no longer... I solved that problem with a wet suit, which actually kept me very warm.

Specs:

  • Water Temp - 40 degrees F


  • Air Temp - 51 degrees F


  • Departure Time - 10:30 A.M


  • Trip Completion Time - 1:30 P.M

  • Trip Type - Day



  • View Larger Map

    No comments: