Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Climbing season has arrived....

I got out to the Gunks today after a long winter of hibernating. (A.K.A getting the new house unpacked and looking like a home.) This is probably the earliest in the season that I've ever climbed, and why didn't I start this early before is a mystery to me. I only got three climbs in today, I was taking it easy. Miss Baily (in honor of St. Patrick's day) Middle Earth ( A Gunks regular for me) and Ant Line ( A new project). I only lead pitch 1 and 3 of Miss baily, cause I freaked out at the fact that pitch 2 had minimal protection on a face climb. Any way the roof of Miss Baily was solid and I took it like a champ.

Next we were on the Middle Earth. Did it, done it, got the ticket stub except for this time I mixed it up a little. In stead of going off to the left of the roof and taking the actually route, I went straight up and over the roof. Once again proving that Sean likes to hang on roofs.

Ants Line was a new challenge for me. A 5.9- that was sustained and had a really nice crack with good hand/finger jams. Too bad I couldn't complete it without falling. Douh!!!!!!!!!

It's a shame more people weren't out today, oh yeah they were WORKING....

No comments: